A course in leading guided walks with a wildlife theme
Cost: £12.50 (pre-booking is essential)
Number of places: 14
Tutor: Colin Newlands
Venue: Colt Park Barn, Chapel-le-Dale, via Carnforth LA6 3JF
About the course
This course has been designed specifically for leaders of guided walks. It is an informal course for those who would like to organise and lead a guided walk with a wildlife theme. The focus for this course will be on the wildflowers in the meadows at Colt Park. This course is part of Stories in Stone, a four-year programme of community and heritage projects that has been developed by the Ingleborough Dales Landscape Partnership with funding from the Heritage Lottery Fund. YDMT is the lead partner.
About the tutor
Colin Newlands is Senior Reserve Manager at Ingleborough National Nature Reserve. Each year he leads walks around the NNR for visitors so that they can discover and enjoy the wildlife of this special reserve at the heart of the three peaks.
Hannah Rose, Yorkshire Dales Millennium Trust, 015242 51002, email@example.com
Equipment and requirements
It is recommended that you bring:
- appropriate clothing and footwear for working outdoors
- packed lunch (tea, coffee and water will be provided)
You will need to be reasonably fit. Please let us know of any medical conditions you have and ensure you bring your medication with you.
- Once we have received your completed booking form and fee you will receive a confirmation email (or letter).
- Places will be allocated on a first come first served basis. Completing a booking form does not guarantee a place.
- Telephone bookings are not confirmed until payment has been received.
- Fees contribute towards the costs of the venue, light refreshments, trainer expenses and any materials provided.
- We will do all we can to make sure the event takes place but if we need to cancel it for any reason we will give you as much notice as possible and refund your fee in full.
- If you cancel your place at least eight days prior to the event then your fee will be fully refunded.
- If you cancel seven days or less prior to the event then no refund is payable (unless your place is taken by someone else, in which case we will refund your fee in full).
- If you fail to attend then no refund will be made.
By booking onto the course you are agreeing to the above terms and conditions