Grants of between £200 to £5,000 are available for projects that conserve, enhance, celebrate or increase understanding of the historical and natural landscape of the Stories in Stone area.
What types of projects are considered?
A wide range of projects can be supported, including:
- Protection, restoration and enhancement of historical built features and archaeological remains
- Habitat restoration and creation
- Educational activities and materials on historical or ecological themes
- Enhanced public access to built and natural heritage
- Interpretation of landscape features, geology, built and cultural heritage, and flora and fauna and their habitats
- Surveying, recording and monitoring of built and natural heritage
- Investigating and recording the human history of the area, including oral histories
- Initiatives to train and develop people’s heritage skills.
Who can apply?
We welcome applications from voluntary and community groups, landowners, farmers and parish and town councils.
Are there deadlines for applying?
Subject to the availability of funding, there will be at least two funding rounds each year. The next deadline for applications is next 10am on Friday 16 March 2018.
You can download the guidance and application form by clicking on the buttons below. Please note that details may have changed since the last round so always make sure you are using the current guidance and application form.
Heritage Grants Application Form
If you have a project idea that you'd like to have an informal chat about then please contact Chris Lodge, Stories in Stone Project Officer.