A course in the planning and delivery of a guided story walk
Cost: £12.50 (pre-booking is essential)
Number of places: 16
Tutor: Sita Brand, Settle Stories
Venue: Settle Quakers Meeting House, Kirkgate, Settle BD24 9DX
About the course
This course has been designed specifically for leaders of guided walks. It is a practical course on the basics of putting together a guided story walk. Content will cover how to research a story walk, how to develop and find stories, basic story telling skills and tips on engaging a family audience.
This course is part of Stories in Stone, a four-year programme of community and heritage projects that has been developed by the Ingleborough Dales Landscape Partnership with funding from the Heritage Lottery Fund. YDMT is the lead partner.
About the tutor
Sita Brand has worked with story for over thirty years. She has performed and taught across the UK in theatres, libraries and schools. Sita’s work has been profiled in The Guardian, Yorkshire Post and on Radio 4. Sita is the founder and director of Settle Stories.
Hannah Rose, Yorkshire Dales Millennium Trust, 015242 51002, firstname.lastname@example.org
Equipment and requirements
It is recommended that you bring:
- appropriate clothing and footwear for working outdoors
- packed lunch (tea, coffee and water will be provided)
You will need to be reasonably fit. Please let us know of any medical conditions you have and ensure you bring your medication with you.
Timetable (10.30am to 4.30pm)
Content will cover:
- Researching a story
- Basic story telling skills
- Finding stories for your walk
- Thinking about your audience
- Putting a story walk together
- Once we have received your completed booking form and fee you will receive a confirmation email (or letter).
- Places will be allocated on a first come first served basis. Completing a booking form does not guarantee a place.
- Telephone bookings are not confirmed until payment has been received.
- Fees contribute towards the costs of the venue, light refreshments, trainer expenses and any materials provided.
- We will do all we can to make sure the event takes place but if we need to cancel it for any reason we will give you as much notice as possible and refund your fee in full.
- If you cancel your place at least eight days prior to the event then your fee will be fully refunded.
- If you cancel seven days or less prior to the event then no refund is payable (unless your place is taken by someone else, in which case we will refund your fee in full).
- If you fail to attend then no refund will be made.
By booking onto the course you are agreeing to the above terms and conditions